As the school year comes to an abrupt end, let’s take a look at everything life has thrown at us Sophomore year…
1) Just because you don’t have an 8 am class doesn’t mean you can stay in bed all day. And yes, 9:30 is also an early class.
2) Having friends with cars means one thing: Best Eds, Hillview, and Meritt whenever you want.
3) When life kicks you down, Meritt is always there to pick you back up.
4) You make so many new friends sophomore year. Meet people and get to know them!
5) Living off campus makes it easy to isolate yourself. Get out of your room and be with others.
6) Off of that, do NOT forget about the ones that were there for you from the start. My boys will always be my boys. Keep that in mind.
7) Don’t worry about “that girl.” You’ll forget about her as soon at the next mixer.
8) But if you can’t forget about the girl, don’t be dumb. Make her yours.
9) Drama is everywhere. Getting involved in people’s drama is easy, but it is also easy to avoid it.
10) Speaking of avoiding, it’s a small school. If you are trying to avoid that girl that you hooked up with, you’re gonna bump into her. Accept it.
11) Get involved. Freshman year was all about getting adjusted. Sophomore year is the time to get involved in clubs, Greek Life, and other campus involvement. You’ll thank me.
12) Get off to a hot start to start the semester. The longer the semester goes on, the less work you’re going to want to do. Get off to a good start with your grades, and build a nice cushion.
13) Get your work done ahead of time. There’s nothing worse than sitting in on a Sunday night because you remembered you had a lab report due at midnight.
14) Don’t give yourself unwanted stress. You know the pressures of school and friends will stress you out, so stay organized and scheduled so nothing unexpected stresses you.
15) Sometimes a night in with your closest friends is better than the wild party that may or may not be broken up by the cops.
16) But don’t be afraid to go out when you’re done with work. It is healthy to go to parties and mix with people. So get your work done on Wednesday this way you can go to the darty on Sunday.
17) R.I.P. G St.
18) As you get older, so do your upperclassmen friends. Remember to spend time with them. You’re gonna wish you did. Every day is another day closer to graduation. So make the memories now.
19) You’re almost halfway done with college. You can make it.
20) These are the years we will look back on. Live it up now and make the stories and memories that you can laugh about in 30 years. Work and internships and overall responsibilities only get harder junior and senior year, so cherish the sophomore days.
Always a wise fool
– M. Fritz